New Driving License
- An applicant is required to obtain a learning license in order to get new driving license.
- An applicant is required to apply in Form No.2/4 for the purpose of both learning as well as driving license, Medical Certificate in Form No.1 (A) is also required to be attached. In case a person wants to obtain driving license for transport goods vehicle, & to get online appointment or for further details, please visit :www.sarathi.nic.in
- A person should have completed 16 years to obtain license for 2 wheelers without gear.
- A person should have completed 18 years age to obtain license for 2 wheelers with gear, Motor-car, Tractor and other non-transport vehicles.
- For transport vehicles, a person should have completed 20 years of age. In addition he should be passed standard 8th pass and should have experience of 1 year driving a light motor vehicle.
- Proof of Age
School Leaving Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, Pan Card, L.I.C. Policy or a Certificate from Civil Surgeon or a Doctor equivalent to that can be submitted as a proof of age.
- Proof of Address
School Leaving Certificate, Passport, L.I.C. Policy, Electoral Voter I-Card, Light Bill, Telephone Bill, receipt of House Tax with address, Pay Slip of Central/State/Local self Government or an Aff >
Addition of another category in the existing driving license
To add another category in the existing license for two wheelers
- Application should be made in form-8 attaching original driving license with a fee of Rs.50/- for driving license, Rs.200/- for a smart card driving license and Rs.50/- for driving test is required to be pa >
Renewal of Driving License
- Driving license is val >
For change in details of driving license or obtaining a duplicate
- Application should be made in Form L.L.D. with details of original driving license and a fee of Rs.200/- should be pa >
International Driving License or Permit
- To obtain international driving license, application in Form 4 (A) should be made along with the Medical Certificate in Form – 1 (A).
- Copy of Existing driving license. Copy of passport, visa and three passport size photographs should be attached with the application.
- A fee of Rs.500/- is required to be pa >
Driving Licenses delivered
- Driving license is sent by speed post at the address mentioned by the applicant in his application.
- International driving permit is delivered to the applicant in person.